Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Big Picture!

We have been swamped with news of Anwar everyday in the media for the past week. Every blog I visited seems to be commenting on this issue too. That's why I have refrained from writing abt it here cos it seems like an overdose. However, i have been writing in other blogs what I think abt this whole issue and have received many a stinging rebuke abt it. Here's what I think :

1) There are 2 schools of thot abt who is the puppetmaster here. For me, if it is Anwar, then I think his greed for power and international recognition knows no bounds. Is this what we want in a leader to steer us out of the current economic struggles of our country? If Bodohwi or Najib is behind this, it shows the rakyat's decision to kick them out on Mar 8 is correct. They are inept, self-serving, greedy, crony-centred, arrogant and stupid as well! So the question is : Who is capable of running this country? I have no freakin idea!!!

2) Me questioning the credibility of Anwar doesn't mean that I m a BN supporter. I am just exercising my rights as a citizen to ensure that the best man is elected to govern. In this case, Anwar is not even an elected rep yet! I am 100% sure that the current crop of leaders are uselesss and shd be removed en bloc. Never before has the country been in such a mess(except May 13) and the rakyat is suffering.

3) I am all for giving an opportunity to Pakatan to govern states and the country, if at all it materialises. Take away Anwar(shd anything happen to him), who in the Pakatan has the ability to run the country? Kit Siang? Azmin? Nik Aziz? I don think so. This is where my concern lies.

4) My biggest concern at the moment is all this is throwing a mask over other issues affecting the country. Rising prices, postponement of so called, "Non-people centric" projects like the Penang monorail and PORR(Still baffles me), the Altantuya murder case(In which our dear old Najib and wife has surprisingly not hit back as hard as I thot they wld at RPK) etc.

Our political situation is all like a big circus! It is shameful and has got me angry, disgusted, dissapointed(understatement), ashamed and at times tearful. When are they going to make me proud as a Malaysian. I hope I have that chance in my lifetime.

8 comments:

anfield devotee said...

Yes, you are right. Its a big, shameful circus. People are fed up & rightly so but as me has pointed out in me blog, we must not lose sight of the main objective which is to kick out this rotten BN regime.

Mohan said...

A total regime change within the BN(which we know it not going to happen!) vs. An uncertain Anwar lead PR! hmmm ...susah dude! But the fact that ideas, comments and opinions are reveberating all around freely and acessibly(something unheard off not so long ago) probably means some change sooner than later! Hang in there dudes!
M.
p/s: On a lighter not...personally i think Pandi(not the Sg. Siput one) should govern the country...but you mate AD has gone and made a curry out of him!

Mohan said...

p/s: then again(in the tradition of keeping this site PG18)... Nurul Izzah...mmmmmm!

Life's Like That said...

Mohan : I agree that at least we are moving in the right direction in terms of freedom of speech. 10 Years ago, half of us wld prob already be in Kamunting Hotel.

AD : Agreed! this fooking BN govt shd be kicked out. But my worry is the replacements!

Unknown said...

LLT: I like this piece a lot and I am only reading this now. 2 days back a colleague and I were talking about this. He is a Malay chap (ex MIDA) and his wife still is there.

And when I read your piece, I was smiling because this was the very sentiment we were sharing.

PKR is only and solely about AI. AI is only and solely about being PM. The big picture seems to be missing.

We all want change. BN needs a major overhaul from within - will this happen? How will it happen? Who will rise from the mayhem to lead BN out of this mess and create the 'utopia' AI claims he can bring to us all.

If AI is eliminated from the top honcho position, will the PR remain on course and on target to realising a dream seed they have sowed in the hearts and minds of the rakyat?

Is there a clear cut new leader we can place our faith in? The answer from my colleague and I was NO ... tried as did going through the current govt players, and the PR players - given the psyche of the Malaysian people it was hard to come up with one clear winner candidate.

How did our discussion end? We were both anxious. Neither of us gave a fook if AI liked Boys and girls ... that's his own choice. Neither of us seemed to think that the government how terribly 'terdesak' would play this hand again - but then again we never can tell.

Amazingly the only person AI has not dragged into this is AAB - and that's an interesting thing - he never hits out at AAB directly everyone else is a free for all - makes you wonder don't it, what's going on here.

All he and I knew was we need something to happen, we are both willing to give it a shot, afterall didn't we vote for a change?

Only at this time, too many elements are being introduced, and where the focus should be or not be is sketchy ...

Our hopes are this country will find a way through this and there is change where it is needed to push us forward.

(I hope I don't end up getting people upset again)

I wanted to say I really liked this piece - it's rather reflective of I think the majority of Malaysians who are really for either party but an administration that works for the people.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Life's Like That said...

ani : I agree this is the sentiment shared by a majority of the public now. I guess the majority wants to boot out the current set of leaders but are worried if the replcaments are any good. I guess it is the chicken and egg situation.

Like AD says, give the opposition a chance! I am all fer it. If they do wrest control, and AI becomes PM, my fear is then what abt his supporting cast? There may be in-fighting among the 3 PKR parties again as they jostle for vital positions. On the other hand, everything could go smoothly and our country will prosper. No reward for guessing which situation I am praying for.

All this makes you feel kind of helpless doesn't it?

Unknown said...

It sure does ... and I hate feeling helpless LLT.

Been in that helpless state past 6yrs over a stupid clear cut divorce on grounds of adultery - ding dong ding dong ding dong - lost all faith in lawyers and the law.

Have been given to ideas of blowing up that fookers brains out to end this ding dong.

Now whole country in ding dong i point at you you point at me - GRRRRRRRRR! Helpless, frustrated and shit worried what's going to happen anytime anywhere.

I want Utopia or at least a slice of it ... minus the hallucinating agents please! :)