Monday, August 11, 2008

Plain stupid!

Today, I witnessed something amazingly stupid. I was driving in Puchong headed towards the LDP when I noticed that a motorcycle abt 50m ahead of me going very slowly. A young malay couple was on the bike. All of a sudden this girl jumps off the bike in tears and runs towards the middle of the road, apparently trying to kill herself b'cos she stopped in the middle with her hands held wide. Fortunately, there weren't many cars on the road at the time and those that were, managed to swerve to avoid her. While this was going on, her partner, boyfren or whatever, gets off his bike and chases after her!(Like Tamil filmlah!). He reaches her and manages to pull her back to the side of the road. All the drivers that stopped their cars to witness this, me included, just shook their heads in disbelief and drove on.

So, is she trying to prove a point or just being stupid? As for me, it is resoundingly stupid! Imagine the mess she would have caused. Just wondering, if a driver out there knocks this girl and his car gets damaged, how to claim for damages leh? If I claim from my insurance company, then I lose my NCB. Any experts out there?

6 comments:

anfield devotee said...

Lucky you weren't driving a Z4 @ 200km/h with the top down eh!?!

You would have smacked her in half & you would've been covered in a shower of blood & guts (very death metal!).

ps: In light of the many who feel like you bout the flag issue, have posted alternative design from Mob's Crib. In the meanwhile, am open to suggestion as to what we can use to display our distress.

Life's Like That said...

Good point AD!

Wat's the alternative design?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Drama Minggu Ini! You were so polite. If it were me, I would have wound down my window and shouted ,"Oi! Nak mampus ke? Kalau nak bunuh diri, pi tempat lainlah!" This is IF I had the time to recover from the shock and my brain starts to function normally again. Heheh....

Life's Like That said...

Haha sha! Did think of that but only after I had driven past. When it happened, it was terkejut, u know what I mean! Yeah, I think they deserved that line fm u!

senorita.. said...

seriously..? lol

i once saw a dude riding motorcycle with both his legs on the handle bar,while he sits comfortable at the back seat of his bike (coz of his extended legs,thus his butt's towards the back of the bike) and guess what's he doing with his free hands? playing games/sms with his hp. on north-south highway..

i wish i have taken a pic of him doing that.... he was riding rather slowly n quite oblivious to all the cars passing him by... i dunno to call him stupid or brave.

Life's Like That said...

Senorita : Really? Now that beats any stunt or rempits I have seen. If u had taken the pic, u wld have won some photo contest for stupidity somewhere!!! I don think brave even comes into the equation!